"I am beginning to suspect all elaborate and special systems of education. They seem to me to be built upon the supposition that every child is a kind of idiot who must be taught to think. Whereas, if the child is left to himself, he will think more and better, if less showily. Let him go and come freely, let him touch real things and combine his impressions for himself, instead of sitting indoors at a little round table, while a sweet-voiced teacher suggests that he build a stone wall with his wooden blocks, or make a rainbow out of strips of coloured paper, or plant straw trees in bead flower-pots. Such teaching fills the mind with artificial associations that must be got rid of, before the child can develop independent ideas out of actual experience." -- Anne Sullivan

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Scarf and Dress..

Ohh, this scarf is soo soft!!!! The inner layer that you wear towards you is created from the SOFTEST bamboo fleece!It trully feels like a cloud!!The outside it created in a beautiful blue and brown, large patchwork. The printed fabric is untreated cotton, and the blue fabric is hand dyed (by me) hemp linen.I appliqued a "chabby chic" flower on one of the pannnels of this scarf. I actually cross stitched by candlelight while we were without power during the recent ice storm here in NH in December.(Needed to do something while I didn't have my sewing machine, lol)It measures 10" wide by 64" long!!! It makes for a beautiful wrap.All of my work is pre-washed and professionally stitched









This beautiful dress has been created with a deep brown corduroy on the top, and a very intricate woven linen on the bottom. The only way I can describe the linen fabric is that someone took a beautiful tan linen and artfully wove a silken yarn throughout the fabric to create a gorgeous, gorgeous pallete of color!The combination of rich milk chocolate corduroy on this beautiful, artfully designed linen is just a stunning combination.The bust measures 36" around. I recommend this for a woman who is realistically 34"-35" around the bust, to give some moving room.The length is open. Right now it is at 56" from the shoulder down. I will be happy to hem it apon request. The shoulder straps are 16" front to back.As always my work is professionally stiched, and serged on all the edges.This dress is very beautiful. It has a soft flow to the fabric. I would guess it at a size 10-12 ish, but I honestly have not worn nor gaged sizes in years.... :~)This dress MUST be washed in the GENTLE CYCLE or HAND WASHED and LINE dryed. NO EXEPTIONS due to the delicate nature of the hand woven linen.

I accept paypal for all purchases.
Also custom inquiries are always welcome :~)
Peace.

Reading Material

  • Parenting A Free Child: An Unschooled Life by Rue Kream
  • The Tao of Pooh
  • Herbal Remedies for Children's Health by Rosemary Gladstar
  • The Well Adjusted Child by Rachel Gathercole
  • Living Simply With Children by Marie Sherlock